Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 6: Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”

Day 6:     Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”

I actually agree with this quote.  I believe in the power of attraction.  The definition of the Law of Attraction simply says that you attract into your life whatever you think about. Your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest. But theLaw of Attraction gives rise to some tough questions that don't seem to have good answers.  I got the defintion off of Google, fyi.

I consider myself to be an awakened and enlightend being.  I don't radiate as strongly as I would like but I am a work in progress.  

In my five years of being single and coming from an abusive relationship with my children's father, I have had my fill of interactions with men who tried to date me or have dated me.  I was a damaged soul.  I knew I didn't want to jump into a new relationship right away.  I did want to go out and just hang out, or so I thought.   Well, let me tell you what an experience dating in this day an age has been for me. 

When I decided that I would sign up for a dating site or two or three...  Later on I learned that most folks are on the same sites.  At the time, I thought well, this should be easy enough.  My first profile was a biography of what I didn't want.  I tried putting some positive stuff in there.  I got criticized for what I wrote by one guy.  He chewed me out for whatever I wrote.  I rebutted and then he called me a cow and blocked me.  I revised my profile and revised it and revised it, numerous times.  I made it as positive as possible.  

I also checked the boxes for casual dating and short term relationships and friends.  I didn't realize that was code for "casual sex".  I revised it and checked the boxes for long term relationship and wanting to get married... It didn't help.  

I hooked up with a couple of guys.  I dated a few guys.  I chatted with numerous guys.  At first I thought, "Is this how dating is nowadays?"  I hadn't dated since the late 90's.  I'll admit that being pursued by these fellas felt good.  It had been a very long time since I had caught someones attention.  Only a handful of guys wanted to meet for coffee.  Two guys actually took me out to eat a couple of times.  Yet, I wasn't what they were looking for, for a long term relationship.  I was a great catch for sex though.  To bad I wasn't interested in just sex.

I'll admit that I gave myself away more than I should have.  I thought, well if this guy is interested in me, why not?  But it never panned out to be more.  They got what they wanted.  I didn't feel great about myself.  I just wanted to be loved but I didn't want the commitment because I was afraid of being hurt again.  I have kids, I don't need to drag them through another failed relationship.  Actually, I don't every introduce my kids to anyone I date.  I don't want them to think that I'm some floozy who has a revolving door of guys walking in and out of our lives.  

It finally dawned on my that I was attracting all of these types of guys because I wasn't feeling like I deserved a good guy.  I didn't treat myself with the respect and love I deserve.  I didn't feel worthy of their love and affection.  I wanted a relationship at arms distance.  I wanted the rush of just hooking up and leaving.  Well, you know what happens when you come down from that high.  I crashed and felt like shit.  I kicked myself in the ass for letting myself get taken advantage of.  I was ashamed of myself...

And yet I would ask myself, "Why not me?"  "Why am I not good enough?"  "What's wrong with me?"  When I don't feel like I deserve deep love and am not as self confident in myself as I pretend to be.  

I noticed that I pushed away potential mates by saying, I'm really not available.  I let my fear guide me and my love life.  I am afraid of the unknown.  It's easy to feel physical pleasure but to let that pleasure into my heart and soul??  That's utterly frightening!  

I finally admitted to myself that I was selling myself short.  I am worthy of deep love and affection.  Yes, I am cautious.  I am afraid of getting hurt but I am willing to open myself up to receiving love.  I am no ones booty call, side-bitch (I hate that term), other woman, secret lover, etc...

I just told someone, at the expense of sounding desperate and cheesy, "You treat me like a queen, I will treat you like a king."


No comments:

Post a Comment