Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 9: Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do

Day 9:      Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do (For example, I sometimes dance around the house with my cat to Frank Sinatra)

I have my kids 24/7, I don't get the chance to walk around in my chonies very often... If I were alone I would be walking around naked and sleeping in the nude.  If I were in a relationship, I would be doing the same thing.

The only thing that I do, that I may not do if I were in a relationship is stay in my pajamas all day on Sundays.  It's my only day off, where I don't have to take my kids anywhere or do anything.  If I need to go to the grocery store, I will drag my feet until the late afternoon.  I'm also kind of messy.  I am not very domestic at all.  I would rather do anything than clean or cook.  If it wasn't for my kids, I would rarely cook for myself.  I would survive on cereal and salad and water and coffee.  My mother would often say to my boyfriends, when I was a teenager, "I hope you will be rich because you are going to need a maid and a cook."  Don't get me wrong, I actually do enjoy cooking now.  I've come a long way from my fear of the kitchen.  Actually, it wasn't fear rather more like loathing of the kitchen.  I also would feel the pressure of having to please whomever I cooked for.  I have have come a long way from the loathing.  Again, I do enjoy it but given the choice of cooking or eating out, I'd eat out.  I would rather be served than having to make a mess in my kitchen and having to take time away from my relaxing and general laziness.  I always say, "Of all the Goddess' I embody, the domestic Goddess is not one of them."  

I also talk to myself when I'm alone.  I just kind of say things aloud and make statements.  I talk to the plants and flowers and trees and the birds that I come in contact with.  I would probably still do the same thing if I were with someone.  I'm sure they would find it cute and endearing. 

I sleep with a stuffed Stormtrooper.  I wouldn't mind cuddling up with a real one but in the mean time, he will suffice.  If I had a boyfriend, I honestly giggle at the sound of that, I would leave my stuffed Stormtrooper on my bed and when my boyfriend is over Lil Stormtrooper would be sitting on my nightstand keeping guard while we sleep.  

I am who I am.  Love me or don't.  I'm sure our personal behaviors change a bit when we are in relationships but I would hope that we as humans are true to our Selves.  If the people we date really love us, they will accept us wholeheartedly, flaws, quirks and all.  
In the words of Popeye the Sailor, "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." 

No comments:

Post a Comment