Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 8: Five things that are most important to you in a future mate

Day 8:      Five things that are most important to you in a future mate

The top five qualities in my future mate?  That's a tough one.  So many qualities are running through my mind.  A good friend of mine had me compose a list of the qualities I want the most.  The page is full from front to back.  

1._  He must be humble, sweet, patient and kind but have a back bone.  It's important that he be grounded and a good person.  He should treat people with appreciation, consideration and respect.  Kindness doesn't mean letting folks take advantage of you.  That to me is veritably  important.  He carries himself with pride but doesn't flaunt it.  

2._  He must have strong family values and ideals.  Family is important to me.  They are supportive emotionally and physically.  I would prefer that he have children of his own, for he would have a better understanding of my life with my own children.  He must be present in their lives and provide for them, as a responsible parent should be doing.  How a person treats their family, friends and strangers says a lot about how their character and how I will be treated.  He must also welcome my children in his life and heart as I would his.  I would expect him to respect how I raise them as I would respect his.  Of course, we should always be open for suggestions and advice.  

3._  He must be financially responsible.  I am not looking for a sugar daddy or someone who makes lots of money.  I just want someone who works hard and earns his keep.  I believe that dedication and hard work pays off in many ways, not just monetarily.  It show that we are committed and passionate about our work and our lives.  I understand that we don't always love what we do for a living and I believe we shouldn't settle for the sake of stability.  

4._  He must have a good sense of humor and be optimistic.  I love to laugh and giggle and just be happy.  I tend to always look on the bright side.  I am an introvert, so I'm not all over the place.  I would like him to be slightly introverted as well.  I believe it's a great to keep our inner child alive and active.  Life is to short to be grumpy all the time and negative about things that are out of our control.  I'm not saying I'm constantly positive but let's be open minded about the endless possibilities that we may encounter on this lifelong journey of ours.

5._  He must be loving, emotionally present and vulnerable.  I want my future mate to be secure enough in his own manhood to shower me with affection.  I'm not saying I want to be smothered and worshipped... Well, I do consider myself to being a Goddess, so worshipping would be kind of awesome. LOL!  Being vulnerable doesn't mean being weak.  It means being emotionally open to what may be.  I want to be able to hold hands and hug and be loving and vice versa.  I want to be able to openly communicate my feelings and have him share his innermost thoughts and dreams and feelings without hesitation.

I have read that the qualities we look for in our potential mates reflect our own qualities.  I believe in the power of attraction.  I would hope that I attract someone who has similar qualities as my own.  Of course, there are many other character traits that I am looking for.  These are just the tip of the iceberg.  

No comments:

Post a Comment